Join us as we celebrate World Asthma Day (WAD) to raise awareness for more than 339 million asthma patients globally. The theme of World Asthma Day was announced by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA), a World Health Organization collaborative organization, to be “Uncovering Asthma Misconceptions”. Here is a list of books focusing on asthma awareness, addressing asthma misconceptions, and highlighting the affects of asthma on individuals.
- Difficult To Treat Asthma, Clinical Essentials provides an evidence-based approach to asthma treatment, especially in cases where it is crucial to differentiate difficult and severe refractory asthma. Reviews on traditional and targeted asthma therapies as well as the future of asthma management is highlighted with the contributions of leading experts. It is considered to be an ideal guide for healthcare providers, clinical pulmonologist & immunologists, as well as industry partners.
- 2020 Pocket Guide for Asthma Management (For Adults and Children over 5 years) is significant to learn the latest recommendations for treatment of mild and severe asthma. It is developed in assistance with the Global Initiative for Asthma’s, GINA, yearly report and provides locally-adaptable solutions for asthma treatment.
- Breathtaking, Asthma Care in a Time of Climate Change analyzes asthma care in the twenty-first-century with an unorthodox point of view by highlighting how asthma is also being re-shaped by changing ecologies, healthcare systems, medical sciences, and built environments. Five different modes of care across different sociocultural scales are demonstrated and support networks of asthmatic patients are portrayed such as secondary school teachers, coaches, breathing educators and new smartphone applications designed for asthma control.
- I Have Asthma, What Does That Mean? is the perfect story book for kids to learn more about asthma and for parents to clarify on-going myths for them. Asthma is both treatable & controllable and it shouldn’t be scary. With the help of his parents, his doctor, and his imagination, the boy in the story learns what happens during an asthma attack, and how asthma is a manageable in an active lifestyle.
- “36 Best Asthma Books of All Time” BookAuthority
- “World Asthma Day 2021 - Global Initiative for Asthma” GINA, 5 May 2021