Telehealth can be described as using communication technologies and digital systems (like computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.) to access healthcare services remotely. Telehealth advantages include the benefit of not dealing with things like the tiring process of waiting in lines, trying to get appointments, or going to the hospitals just for a 5-minute control.
Telehealth services have many advantages. It makes healthcare accessible for people who do not have easy access to it, such as people living in isolated places. It also makes reaching a wide range of healthcare and healthcare professionals more convenient for everyone.
Telehealth can be used to improve communication among a health care team as well. This means the patient can receive more streamlined, faster, and more accurate care.
What are the benefits?
- Limited physical contact keeps both the patient and the health care team safer
- No place constraints in the cases of the patient being physically unable to go to their appointments
- Increased access to specialists that the patient may not have immediate physical access to
- Virtual visits can shorten the wait times for appointments
- Remote monitoring is possible
There are abundant places where telehealth is quite useful. Spirometry is one of the medical fields that can seamlessly integrate with the practice of telehealth. This is why we would like for you to meet SpiroCloud: a new era in disease management. With SpiroCloud, you can just click a button and connect to your patients. To discover how you can further benefit from SpiroCloud, you can watch our teaser video and request a demo.